Summer is here! And so is the heat! Here are some fun things to do with kids in Desert Ridge, to beat the heat . . .
- Splash Pad at Desert Ridge Marketplace. This tot-friendly splash pad is bumping from morning to evening thanks to its prime location near the food court at Desert Ridge Marketplace. A few simple rules are enforced by mall security such as swimsuits (and swim diapers) must be worn, food and drink must be kept 10 feet away from the splash pad, and no running is allowed. There are plenty of umbrella-shaded tables and chairs for the adults to enjoy.
- Painting Pottery at As You Wish, in Desert Ridge Marketplace. Besides drop in painting, this popular spot also hosts several summer classes available on their website, for ages 5 and up.
Creating keepsakes in air-conditioned comfort is a fun way to while away a summer afternoon.
- Storytime at Barnes & Noble, in Desert Ridge Marketplace. Every kid, big and small, loves stories. And where better to hear them read out loud, than in one of the largest bookstores in the Valley of the Sun? This location hosts monthly stories with Ty, the therapy dog, on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. A few Saturdays each month there are themed stories, followed by activities and coloring.
- Kids love The Play Factory, in Desert Ridge Marketplace. Thanks to its rock wall, large inflatable slide, gigantic play climbing structure, a toddler fun zone, and (free) video game area, there’s something fun for every age. With open play every day, and family fun nights on the weekend, this is a great place for kids to spend hot summer days. Free Wi-Fi for the parents make it a good place to catch up on emails.
- Dave & Buster’s, with its bowling alley and video games, is another fun summer activity for kiddos at Desert Ridge Marketplace. Downstairs is the kid-friendly bowling alley, while upstairs is a gigantic arcade with all types of video games. Kids (and their parents) are guaranteed to have a blast with the variety of games available. A tip: great coupon deals can be found online for Dave & Buster’s.
Living in Desert Ridge Area (click to read)